Women are eligible for membership in the Auxiliary if they are themselves a veteran who served honorably or if they fall into one of the following categories:
of an active duty servicemember or veteran who served honorably during any of the eligible war eras listed in the table at right.
1. A woman eligible for membership through a veteran who, now deceased, was not a member of The American Legion must submit the veteran’s DD214 record with her application to verify eligibility.
2. If a request for membership is based on a family member who is living, that person must be a member of The American Legion.
3. A woman veteran may join the American Legion Auxiliary without being a member of The American Legion if her dates of service fall within at least one of the categories above. If, however, her family members wish to join the Auxiliary or the Sons of The American Legion through her service, she must first become a member of The American Legion.
– World War I April 6, 1917, to Nov. 11, 1918
– World War II Dec. 7, 1941, to Dec. 31, 1946
– U.S. Merchant Marines Dec. 7, 1941, to Dec. 31, 1946
– Korean War June 25, 1950, to Jan. 31,1955
– Vietnam War Feb. 28, 1961, to May 7, 1975
– Lebanon/Grenada Aug. 24, 1982, to July 31, 1984
– Panama Dec. 20, 1989, to Jan. 31, 1990
– Desert Shield/Storm/War on Terror Aug. 2, 1990, to date of cessation
The value of being an American Legion Auxiliary member is growing big time! You bring untold value to the ALA and America’s veterans through your service to our mission; now, the ALA is bringing valuable benefits to you! Your membership brings you access to a much wider array of discounts, products, and services.
It’s easy! Online at www.ALAforVeterans.org (go to Resources > Member Benefits), you can learn about a greatly expanded array of benefits through our partnership with Gallagher Benefit Services Inc. and their associated companies, for American Legion Auxiliary members and their family members – including to receive and compare quotes from competing companies.
ALA Member Benefits from Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc. include:
Don’t have a computer? Call toll-free 855-461-6500 to speak with an advisor — right here in the USA.
ALA Member Discounts From Abenity include:
Technology Discounts, such as: Computers, Televisions, Cell Phones and Cell phone plans
National Attractions, such as: Disneyland, Disneyworld, Six Flags, Legoland, Sea World, and many more!
Discounted movie tickets
Coupons on National restaurant chains and local eateries
Plus so much more. To find out what savings are available to you locally, and to take advantage of these discounts, go to ALA.MemberDiscounts.co to Register with our code of “ALADiscounts”
Auxiliary USAA Credit Card H Auxiliary USAA Rewards™ American Express® or MasterCard® — Apply today online at usaa.com/ala or by calling 855-291-8252