Signed in as:
- My Account
Signed in as:
Patti Hill Department Poppy Chairperson
Be sure to order your poppies using the poppy order form on the Department website. Contact secretary if needing help finding the form. Order early!
Poppy Poster Contest
Entries must be sent to me by May 10th to send to the national division chairman postmarked by 5 p.m. EST on June 1st. Poppy Poster Contest rules are available at: https://www.legion-aux.org/National-Poppy-Poster-Contest .
National Poppy Day is the Friday before Memorial Day, May 26th. Look on national website for ideas.
Little Miss Poppy name, address, unit of the contestant due to me by May 10th to present to national division Poppy chairman postmarked or emailed by 5 p.m. EST on June 1.
· Little Miss Poppy (Ages 6-12)
o Participants must be between six and 12 years of age and be a Junior member in good standing of the American Legion Auxiliary.
o Promotional activity of the Poppy story must occur through the American Legion, the American Legion Auxiliary and the community.
o Selection of Little Miss Poppy is at the discretion of the unit.
o For National Little Miss Poppy consideration, participants must submit a Little Miss Poppy scrapbook (8½” x11”) containing photographs and clippings illustrating how she promoted the American Legion Auxiliary poppy in her department.
o Only those scrapbooks that contain a self-addressed envelope with postage will be returned. Although every effort will be made to return the scrapbook, accidents do happen, so all entrants must allow for that ris
· Criteria for judging Little Miss Poppy Scrapbook entries:
· Costume (there is no specific dress code or dress color for Miss Poppy).
· Promotion of the Poppy program: What did you share and do?
· Publicity of poppy activities (newspapers, radio/TV, etc.).
· Narrative report on “What I Have Learned Being Little Miss Poppy.”
· Essay on “Memorial Poppy” not to exceed 100 words.
· The memorial poppy must be visible in all promotion and publicity submitted.
· Neatness and creativity.
· Cover page to include member name, unit name, state, age division and year.
· Judging scale should be 1 through 10 for each area of judging for the entire entry.
· The Little Miss Poppy (age 6-12) winner will be invited to appear at the ALA National Convention, immediately following her selection, and if she so chooses, will travel at her own expense.
· Winners of the National Little Miss Poppy contest each will receive a citation plaque. Please follow department guidelines for submitting entries. If the Poppy scrapbook is to be returned, members must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Although every effort will be made to return the scrapbook, accidents do happen so all entrants must allow for that risk.
Unit Award: Most Outstanding Unit Poppy Program (per division)
Send to national division chairman postmarked or emailed by 5 p.m. EST on June 1
National Awards Form Link: https://www.legion-aux.org/National-Awards-Form
Pictures of all your events using Poppies are needed. Please send to me email@example.com.
Contact me if you have any questions. Patti Hill 509-429-2983 or firstname.lastname@example.org